Friday, January 16, 2009

The Rise of Kery Doll


Before Kery Doll, there was Rise. And Kery played drums for 'em before moving to vocals. At least I think that's what happened. They were before my time and I never got to see 'em live, but thankfully at least one person held on to their indie single and gave it to me many years ago. And now I'm sharing it with you. But if you're actually reading this and plan on downloading the single, you're even more damaged than I am, and in your quest to find the most obscure glam rock records, may you not fly too close to the sun like Icarus. But I digress. Mainly because I have no real info on Rise and I'm just stalling. Fine, here's their Mystic Records 7"....yes, the same Mystic Records that released the early Mentors records.

Track List:
"Future Love" b/w "Rock and Roll Heart"

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/HMXSC1iZka9WX6zvSHXzdKZkZTcF1v51xPe55oBGk3R

7 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot! As RYM claims they got one more single released in 1979. http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/rise_f2

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a square blue 45 of rise by mystic records. says (collectors issue 1st 500). any value here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All Releases:

    Visions / Twitch City 7" Mystic, 1979

    Rock & Roll Heart / Future Love 7" Mystic, 1980
    M-45-55(Heart Shaped M-45-53)

    Becky / Future Love square-shaped 8" Mystic, 1980
    M-45-115

    Tuff Town Tour 81-82 1-sided 7" Azra 7131, 1981
    Hotline / Be Together Again

    Here's "Hotline"
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VMV8Y1YU

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Tom Machingo from Rise...Rise was formed in 1978, with myself on guitar and vocals, Kery on drums and vocals, Mike Griffith on lead guitar, Vince Gilbert on drums, and Rick Tovar on bass. We released a total of 5 or 6 recordings for Azra Records on the Mystic label, the first being Twitch City w/ Visions, followed by Becky/ Future Love, Hotline w/ Be Together Again, and Rock and Roll Heart...all our vinyl was either colored or shaped. We are all still involved in music to one extent or another. As for the Becky recording, I was extremely unhappy with the mix. I felt that the guitars had been mixed way too low and the recording plodded along. In reality, both Becky and Future Love were driving songs, with raw driving guitars. What the hell happened in the mix I'll never know...Rise finally broke up in 1983.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey tom...its Vince. "Vince Gilbert on Keyboards" not drums LOL

      Delete
  5. I do a Mystic discography...if you have any of these records to sell, please get in touch with me: camelclutchrecords@hotmail.com

    I only have the heart shaped record.

    ReplyDelete