Thursday, June 11, 2009

Razzle's "New Vibe Revolution" - The Fuse is LIT





Years before LIT tripped the light fantastic and became their own worst enemy, they were just a gang of long-haired southern california teens known as Razzle looking for a piece of the action. In 1993 they found it when they self-released a five song CD called "New Vibe Revolution" which I've no doubt got them laid a ton back then. All four members of LIT are present and accounted for here, from brothers A.J. and Jeremy "Allen" to rhythm section Kevin Baldes and "Big" Al Shellen. Then there is fifth member Chadd Anthony, who obviously quit before they became LIT. You think Chadd regrets that decision now? Maybe not now, but in the late 90's when "My Own Worst Enemy" played on MTV like it was on a loop? Yeah, I'm sure he put a gun in his mouth a few times, I just hope he didn't pull the trigger. Anyways, what we have here is a prime example of Hollywood's Sunset Strip scene, even though it came late in the day and grunge had already started to hammer the nails into hair metal's coffin. But "New Vibe Revolution" proves that as late as 1993, the party was still happening in Hollywood.

Track Listing:
I Ain't Your Pal
All American Boy
Summer Job
Jenny's Room
Close My Eyes

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/4wajJ9o1OlklJ8jYfJHRxHlzZqLK8mlVTdcy2yvsxWd

15 comments:

  1. How do I get a copy of this cd? As a huge Lit fan, I have looked everywhere with no success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,
    Obviously you can download the CD here, which is why I posted it in the first place...because it's impossible to find. But keep watching Ebay, as no doubt I'll have to sell this copy at some point to make some scratch.
    Love,
    The SRM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real rarity.
    Do you also have songs from the Stain era?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Daniele, no songs from the Stain era. I saw 'em live and used to have a demo tape, but unfortunately it disappeared long ago. - The SRM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there any way someone can burn and sell me a copy of this disc complete with all disc covers and such? My computers down for a while and I really want this disc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, the comment above about someone burning this disc for me, email me at singerjohn3@aol.com
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello collectors and music fans

    i have this cd and it will be posted on e-bay shortly---watch for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Songs that were played during the Stain/early Lit days are:

    Wish
    Within
    Devil's Day
    Dig It Up AKA Digger
    New Phase
    Stain (Nirvana cover)

    Now just to find these songs on the intraweb=near impossible :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have these Stain songs:
    Wish
    Within
    Killing Kind
    So Many Ways
    Stain

    Does anyone have Devil's Day, Dig it Up, or New Phase?

    By the way: awesome to finally find the lyrics to these songs. Some words were hard to make up and now that I got a picture of the booklet I'll finally learn the lyrics entirely, thanks! Had the songs for a couple years now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In reference to the above post: you can contact me at no.bigthing@hotmail.com or last.fm/user/nobigthing.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For information, Chadd Anthony Benekos left Lit and played with (Hed) pe under the name Chizzad until 2003.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this! Do you have anything on Live urban sex tribe? They came up around the same time and played the Troubadour/Gazzari's etc. frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally remember that band's name but don't have any of their music, but I'm always searching for stuff like that...

      Delete
  13. I have a copy of this CD. Didn't know who they were so I googled and found this forum... very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this CD. Didn't know who they were so I googled and came across this blog. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete