Friday, December 26, 2008

Max Havoc are the Show - 1983


One record I always loved in the 80's, but never seemed to hear mentioned anywhere, was the little known gem by Max Havoc. Released in 1983 on non-self-fulfulling prophecy of a label Triple Platinum Records, the record was produced by lead sword carrier Pat McKeon and "Associate Produced" by Black Sabbath's Bill Ward, who allegedly also did some time behind the kit for Havoc. Also credited as an "additional musician" was Carlos Cavazo of Quiet Riot, although its unclear as to what track he played on. Let's see, what other useless information can I share with you about this record? Well, drummer Khurt Maier and guitarist Scott Lane went on to start Salty Dog, owner's of possibly the worst lyric to open a record with "Sweet little baby, she's my hot dog bun". Lane also did time in Stryper, but don't hold that against him. Now on to the record, which to me always sounded like a cross between the party rock of Van Halen and the shirtless sorcery metal of Saxon. Record opener "I'm the Show" could've fit easily on Van Halen's first record, and the rest is more macho party metal which still brings a smile to this sullen face. I don't know how many of these were pressed, and I feel pretty safe in assuming this baby will never see the light of day on CD, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have it in your collection. Get the record here....

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/7DtecUQQyDVnVqsqblrLFloVv62fAb0wh11hdoI8kIN

Track List:
I'm the Show
Bound for Hell
Angel of Passion
Midnight Machine
Won't Be the Fool
Bad Influence
Certain Woman
My Babe (Homicidal)
True Blue
Dalilah's Fire

8 comments:

  1. How do I get in contact with you. I'm interested in talking with you regarding the band Max Havoc, as I am a former band member, Scott Lane. Please email me at angella713@yahoo.com. Would like to talk further. Thanks
    Scott Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got any copies left? I'd love one! jammerj69@hotmail.com

      Delete
  2. I have this record, and I love it.

    Petter from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOHHHH busted giving away their music for free????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this Album too! Wish I still did it killed! Put it on CD and I'll buy it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still listen to this! I even tried to get my recent band to cover My Babe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy this is some great music, so what songs did Bill ward play on.?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anybody remember Windfall?

    ReplyDelete