Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rozzi Lane - The Original Big Bang Babiez




What can be said about Rozzi Lane that hasn't been said a hundred times over? Oh, that's right, nothing's been said about them since 1988 when they released the "Big Bang Babiez" single on their own cleverly-named Big Bang Records. I kid them, but only because I've always loved this record, which at the time was more "pop" than "metal", unlike many of their Sunset Strip contemporaries. And I can only imagine the shit they must've gotten looking like they did in their actual hometown of Upland, California. What else? Let's see. Guitarist Mikey Marquee later went on to play in a great LA band called Extra Fancy, featuring one Brian Grillo on vocals. Before Extra Fancy Grillo fronted Lock Up, who also featured a pre-RATM Tom Morello on guitar. Okay, now I'm just boring myself. Here's the single, "Betty Angel"/"Beauty's Only Skin Deep":

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/cnDcDTF0AtH7It6a63g0FvyhfARFO7JPslfVaNPjz1T

4 comments:

  1. Lots of great bands I have never heard about. Already added a bunch to my iTunes collection to listen to. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about mickey Demone ,He's a personal bro of mine and willy too ,not to mention ,Toney Snow @Mikey This band is great ,Currently not together ,but when Mick joined up as there New lead singer ,ROZZI kicked ass ,in 1987,I know first hand, because Mick lived With me .I Hope "ROZZI LANE" Will re-group and groove on.Mickey was the new lead singer that brought 'ROZZI LANE"Back into the groove.

      Delete
  2. I just came across an old flyer from Rozzi Lane Circa 1987 from when they were going to play The Roxy Theatre on Sun. Aug. 23 at 9pm with Cat House. Jack Horner was the lead singer. I don't know if anyone is interested in seeing it or if it can even be uploaded. I remember hanging out with all the guys a couple of times because I was Jack's girl for a minute. They were all so kind. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work with Jack Horner at Music Plus back around the same time. Any idea what ever happened to him?

    ReplyDelete